Saturday, March 26, 2022

Chaos Spell & Witch Lord Spell Cards

I finally managed to retire some of the custom cards I sent for the print! I made two different decks to try how they will look when professionally printed: the Chaos Spell in their Italian incarnation and the Witch Lord Spells (brand new set, I will present in another post). I love the vibrant colors on these ones.
Card size is the same of the European 1989 version, mm 54x80.
I wanted these cards to look very close to the style of the Wizards of Morcar cards so for the Chaos Spells are also using a custom artwork; the background recalls the original one from the American cards while the Chaos Sorcerer has a color scheme inspired by the Chaos Tokens featured in Against the Ogre Horde pack. The Chaos Sorcerer is also represented in the same pose of the Wizard Hero on the Legacy of Sorasil cover art.
The cover artworks are made by Luis Octavio NB and since I didn't want to use anything from the original stuff, the title banners at the bottom were also re-drawn (by spevna_studio) but still matching the original vibes of the 1989-1990 version of the game.
The photos below will show you better the final result; these are the Italian version of the cards, I made an English version for the WL spells too:





3 comments:

MOST POPULAR POSTS: